Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Emotional Roller Coaster with Enya

Well, I'm sad to report Enya's moment of "improvement" was
short-lived. She is progressively getting worse, leading me to believe
she does not have CH after all, but something more severe. She becomes
more paralyzed every day, and it's heartbreaking to watch.

She is going back to the vet today for "daycare" so she will still get
her frequent feedings. She still eats, but everything else is worse.
Her legs are stiff and straight. We bend them and massage them every
day, but they are not working for her. She can't move, only her head.
Wherever we lay her is where she lays. Even meowing is harder for her,
she does this kind of moan.

The worst part is, when I pick her up to
feed or potty, she sounds like she is in pain and throws her head back
in a stiff manor, to me suggesting pain. I can live with the extra
work, but if she is in pain, we might have to consider putting her
down, as hard as that would be. Michael and I have been struggling
with that thought. We've poured so much love and hope and money into
getting her well. Michael built the neatest "feeding station" for her.
Now she can't even use it. I have to hold her head so she can drink a
soup of AD rescue food and water. She wasn't able to support her legs
at all when I took her to the cat box lastnight.

Friday she and her brother Thomas have their 12 week vet appointment
to get the rest of their vaccinations and a checkup. I will discuss it
all with the vet and see what he thinks. But it's not looking good. We
were so excited to help her adapt to CH - but this is something very
different and not expected.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just saw this post, 5 months after... what happened to Enya? My heart goes out to you...